Search This Blog

Thursday, August 10, 2006

A message from a grateful father

Sleep is a wonderful thing, isn't it? Hannah certainly thinks so, and as you can see she can achieve it in the most interesting of positions! Unfortunately, she can also achieve it at the most awkward of times, too. The result? She is wide awake just when you were hoping to sleep...

Yesterday I felt pretty awful. A previously rough night with Hannah had led to a sleep-deprived day. I even walked into the wrong classroom in my sleepy stupor! I had a hot and bothersome bus ride home after work, and to be perfectly honest the last thing I wanted to do was take over caring for Hannah. But praise God she behaved like an angel last night. She slept between 7 and 9pm and then again from 11pm to 3am and finally from 4 to 6:30am, with hardly a cry or a whimper in between. Even when I changed her nappy, she gave me contented looks. Thank you, Hannah.

So today I feel great! I can actually say I got a good night's sleep last night. More than ever, I truly appreciate the value of sleep. Yes, sleep is a wonderful thing. Now I realise that it is a gift from God. And I can't wait to get home and cuddle Hannah. Thank you, Lord.

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."
(2 Corinthians 9:8, The Bible)
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: