Search This Blog

Thursday, October 25, 2007

A powerful sermon

No, not a new sermon by me. This one is by Professor D. A. Carson who was in Kuala Lumpur this week, speaking at the annual Klang Valley Bible Conference (http://www.kvbc.info/).



Don Carson is always good. Good to read, good to listen to. I recommend anything by him that you can get your hands on.


And at the KVBC, his talks were as good as anything he has preached. But I was especially touched by his second talk - an exposition of Matthew 27:27-50 entitled "The Ironies of the Cross."
He brought out in my a fresh appreciation of the death of Jesus Christ on the cross of Calvary. I thank God for his ministry, and the fact that he has come to Malaysia (it is actually his 3rd time here as the speaker at KVBC). I am so glad I recorded his sermon, and I encourage you to take time to listen to this message. It is long - over an hour - so if you have an MP3 player, I suggest you download the file (about 16 MB) and take your time listening to it. Sorry if the recording quality is not fantastic - the official CD will only come out in about a month's time, but I really wanted to share this now!


Click here to listen to / download the sermon. I have also put a link in the right-hand panel.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was especially touched by the 2nd session preaching as well. I'm awaiting the DVD as well. Also would like to share with all my friends on it.

- Grace

C&C said...

I find I often listen to sermons that are EITHER biblically and doctrinally solid OR touching and emotional. Surely real preaching should be both... but I feel that it is rare and when you DO experience it, it is very powerful. A high ideal to aspire to...

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree more with your comment. That was a powerful sermon.

Anonymous said...

hello - re your " fabric post" last week please send me a pm and i will get back in touch try this link see if there the same
thanks mate
james dentims