Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

All I Want For Christmas

... is my two front teeth

So sings the little girl on the Christmas CD.

It has become Hannah’s theme song of the moment as she spends hours every day indiscriminately chomping on anything and everything that wanders near her mouth or hands. Her little hands are perpetually covered with a coat of slime and her chin glistens with happy muck.

The year-end not only brings to mind the joyous Christmas season, but also a time of reflection and thanksgiving.

Not too long ago in the month of September, Hannah made several promises to Daddy. We decided to see if she had done well keeping them. To save you the trouble of rummaging through our blog archives, here they are again:

1. I will wake up only once every night and sleep through the night within a month’s time.
2. Whenever you change my nappy I will not aim or shoot unmentionables in your direction.
3. I will not fall asleep within 5 minutes of starting my feeds.
4. I will stop fussing and fall asleep within minutes of your cuddling or rocking.
5. I will look pretty each time you take a picture of me, so we can land an advertisement deal and earn a lifetime supply of diapers.


Hannah has done well on most of them, except number 5. Despite having a loyal (and growing) fan club at the local wet market, she has still not attracted the ‘right’ type of attention. Many comments have been made about baby contests, but up till now it has been all talk and no action.

Finally, Gong Gong and Po Po decided they were buying too many diapers and dropped a copy of a local parenting magazine in our laps. They declared their grand-daughter could easily outdo the current “baby of the month” and bring home the promised hamper of goodies.

We scoured through our collection of photographs and decided this might impress the judges. What do you think?



Perhaps this Christmas Hannah will have more than just her two front teeth.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: