Search This Blog

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Hannah Says

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Ok, so it's tomorrow and not today. But seeing how busy we'll be tomorrow, I thought I should do this before I forget. We've got to go to church, and then to my party. What was it again? Oh yes, my Full Moon party. Let's see, between the folks at church and all our relatives at the lunch, I'd expect to be passed around at least, say, 40 times? Sigh, the things I put up with...

Mummy says you will be, err, almost 30 years old?! Wow, how does it feel to be so old? I am only over a month old, so you must be many many times older than me!

As a birthday present for you, I have decided to make a few resolutions, which I am sure will please you:

1. I will wake up only once every night and sleep through the night within a month’s time.

2. Whenever you change my nappy I will not aim or shoot unmentionables in your direction.

3. I will not fall asleep within 5 minutes of starting my feeds.

4. I will stop fussing and fall asleep within minutes of your cuddling or rocking.

5. I will look pretty each time you take a picture of me, so we can land an advertisement deal and earn a lifetime supply of diapers.


Oh, all this talking is tiring.

I think I’m going to start crying hysterically and get some attention. Hopefully someone will feed me then put me down for a nap.

You adults never seem to know what I want.

It’s tough being a baby. Yawn.

Happy Birthday again Daddy. Oh, and love from Mummy too.

Hugs and kisses,
Hannah Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys have really joined the blogging world. Every time I log on, I see about 5 new posts that I've not read!

Anyway re: looking after Ben as first baby. Whilst we didn't have the parents around, we did have a babysitter upstairs and I wasn't working so waking up in the middle of the night wasn't so much of a problem because it meant I could sleep in the daytime.

Obviously this changed with the advent of the second baby and needing to wake up in the morning in a job that I was still unfamilar with...!

C&C said...

Thanks to TP's rocker, I am able to rock the little one to sleep with one foot, then type, eat and drink with my free hands. That's how most of the entries were created!

With less than 3 weeks of maternity leave left, I wonder how things will be when I start working.

Obviously, driving long distance to work daily, with not only the 'Hannah effect' but also the anaesthetic gas effect, is slightly dangerous.

Perhaps there'll be a blog about that later.