Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

First of all, for our UK readers, you ought to know that Malaysia doesn't follow the UK date for Mother's Day. I don't know why, but they follow the US 'Second Sunday in May' date - which was yesterday.

So it was Cindy's first Mother's Day. I think she was a bit sceptical about whether Hannah would remember, or indeed come up with anything to mark this special occasion. As it turned out, Hannah did rather well:

Not only did she give Mummy a cute book entitled "101 Secrets A Cool Mom Knows" (note the Americanism in the book's title!)...



...but Hannah also managed to buy a lovely bunch of red roses, which arrived a day early.



Finally, Hannah spared a thought for Po-Po, too. The flowers are from Po-Po's daughter and Son-in-law, but Hannah happily gave Po-Po a winsome smile as her photo companion.

All in all, a big "Well done" to Hannah.

Now, dearest daughter, what can you manage for Father's Day?

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Brian & Chloe said...

that is so lovely, I am very very impressed with hannahs skills and knowledge of what mummies want, and of course her very winsome smile. Fathers day, now thats tricky, if she has any good I deas she should pass them onto R&C as they are clueless.

C&C said...

Well, I guess I should leave Cindy to make comments about that one :-)

But I will add this: we men love gadgets. If it is small, cool, battery-powered, promisingly handy YET ultimately useless, we will happily play with it... until the battery dies!

dezy said...

Hannah - buy a football buy a football buy a football buy a football buy a football buy a football buy a football buy a football

C&C said...

That's a little pointless isn't it, considering that Chris' boots are still in your house in Penang?!

I DO have something in mind, excuse me, I mean Hannah does. Something indirectly linked to gadgets.

I'm sure we can manage a photo of it come Father's Day.